Tuesday 15 November 2011

Stubborn Streak

By now I have been clicking almost daily since the 29th of August.

I have been almost religious in my devotion to click at all opportunities. I have researched and joined several programs and I have been trying to spread the word about it in order to gain referrals (although I could probably have been a bit more agressive with the latter).
So far for 2 and a half month worth of clicking this is what I have to show for the time investment:

Surveyhead: 7.85$
Clixsense : 5.219$
Neobux: 0.455$
Dungeons and Treasures: 0.713$ (That is right the 363 982 gold I earned last month, with the help of my mother converted to a whopping 0.692$) Ihave 159k gold for this month so far, but I must admit that I had hoped to have at least 1$ by now.
Mysurvey: 105 points (115 points is 1€)
Global Testmarked: 90 points (1000 points is 50$)

In essence my suspicion has been confirmed. Paid to "something" is pretty much a useless way to earn money. The only way you could potentially earn anything relevant from these schemes is if you magically get people to sign up with you are their referrer. Sounds familiar? That is because it is very close to how pyramid schemes are working. All the sites I have come across have some way of attempting to get money from you. Clixsense has the premium membership upgrade where you earn more per link and get extra money from the Clixgrid, then there is Neobux where you can "rent referrals". Basically you buy referrer status for a number of people who recently signed up without being referred. You then get a percentage of their clicks. Dungeons and Treasures has it in the forms of ranks and star points. If you buy a higher rank your gold is converted at a better rate and if you buy star points you can unlock extra dungeons.
In the end though, the sites are not a charity so they are going to try and make money every which way they can and that means on you as well dear reader.

Now all that being said. I have a stubborn streak and I am going to complete the goal I set out for. I will make 10€ on this one way or another, however I will not recommend going down this route for anyone else unless you actually enjoy the thing you sign up for. (Like having fun with Dungeons and Treasures.)

The paid to take surveys sites are a bit different, they may not pay much, however the ones I have listed above doesn't attempt to get money off you. (be aware as there are some out there that will ask you for a fee to let you take surveys for money. I would stay awat from those.) if you like to express your opinions I recommend doing paid surveys. Who knows, it might even yield a helping hand to the household budget once in a while.

On a side note. Some good have come of this whole project. While scouring the web for ways to make money I found http://www.squidoo.com and started making lenses. I haven't earned a single dime yet (only been active for 15 days or so), however I am really enjoying myself and the community is great. Today my Lens http://www.squidoo.com/ireland-in-pictures was featured as lens of the day. I could barely believe it when I logged in and I am super excited about this! :D


I will keep blogging about my clicking adventure whenever there is something to note, but the majority of my time will be spent Squidoing and I really, really enjoy it :) Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment