Tuesday 4 October 2011

It all starts...

Approximately 1 month ago I was browsing away on the Internet and stumbled across and advertisement stating it paid good money for clicking links. I am quite the realist, when it comes to Internet promises so I didn't for a second consider signing up. As the old saying goes. If it is too good to be true, it probably is.

I didn't think more about it until later that day when I was going for a shopping trip. Walking to town takes about 20 minutes from my apartment and it is a perfect time to let your mind wander and allow the brain to play around with crazy ideas.

As I was walking, I started guesstimating how long it would take in order to earn anything close to substantiel from one of those sites and I realized I had not real idea of what to consider as basic gains.

The more I thought about this, the more curious I became and I decided that I was going to sign up for one of the pages just to find out, how ridicolously long it would take to make any real money from clicking links.

First I needed to decide what "real" money is. I chose 10€ as the sum to aim for, as that is what 1 training session for Capoeira costs and it would be cool to pay that with money earned by doing "nothing".

Next I sat down and reviewed "click and get paid" pages. I quickly learned that a lot of the pages out there are scams, where you have to pay for membership in order to get any payouts. Furthermore a lot of the pages do not hand out cash, but rather make you click for gifts or sweepstakes.

I tried to look for statements from multiple sources that confirmed payouts and I finally settled on http://www.clixsense.com as it seemed to be genuine.

I signed up and started clicking adds straight away... I had started down the road to easy riches!

(Just as a sidenote. I realize this is an absolutely pointless endeavour, however I am really curious to see exactly how long it will take me to get to 10€).

I am going to try for weekly updates on how the earnings are going, so you can follow my trip down the goldplated road of "click and get paid" clicking.

(By the way, I take no responsibility for the pages linked in this blog. I do not know if they are malicious scam pages or friendly money making opportunities. Personally I made sure to come up with a completely new password, which I never use for anything else. It is probably also a good idea to create a new email to use on pages like this.) 

Below is a screen shot of one of those sites I decided against joining... Something told me it wasn't 100% genuine ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment